Conference attendees will:
- Consider the economic and societal impacts of Ebola and the Sierra Leone Annual Conference’s proposed response, including needed participation from US partners;
- Develop coordinated mission partner responses to current/future ministry opportunities;
- Define the roles of UMC General Agencies (especially GBGM, UMCOR, GBHEM and UMW), Sierra Leone Annual Conference and its agencies, and other partners;
- Consider developing a cooperative network among United States Partners, to:
- Expected standards of accountability and transparency in management and finances.
- Host and partner expectations for mission teams, procedures for coordination and methods for accountability.
- Avail resources for effective personnel management.
The Partners Conference will begin at noon Thursday, Aug. 20, with on-site check-in beginning at 10:30 a.m. and concludes with Celebration Dinner and Worship led by Bishop Michael Coyner Friday evening, August 21. Bishop Yambasu will lead worship Thursday evening.
Cost of the Conference is $95 per person, (which includes lunch and dinner, both Thursday and Friday.)
To register, go to www.inumc.org/sierraleonepartnersconferenceregistration.
For those needing lodging, StayBridge Suites Indy Airport, and Holiday Inn Express Indy Airport, have rooms set aside for conference attendees, but reservations are up to the attendee.
Shuttle Bus service will be provided to/from the church/hotels. Shuttle service to/from the airport/hotels is provided by the hotels.
From more information, contact:
Bob and Sandy Coolman, General Coordinators, Sierra Leone Partners Conference