INDIANAPOLIS – Bishop Mike Coyner called the 2014 Indiana Annual Conference into session May 29. He introduced Carolyn Johnson, Secretary of the Annual Conference; Cindy Reynolds, Executive Assistant to the Bishop and Becky Huff-Cook, assistant to the secretary.
The following actions were approved:
- Archives and History, Landmark motion was approved to recognize the “Helenor M. Alter Davisson Cluster” to the General Commission on Archives and History (see separate story).
- Advocacy and Social Justice Team petitions were approved by the conference.
- Mission Resource Team list of Indiana approved advance special projects.
- The Conference Council on Finance and Administration (CFA) policies were updated and approved.
- A $13.4 million income budget for 2014 was shared by CFA. CFA outlined the programs of the conference for vitality and growth.
- 2015 proposed income budget of $13.6 million and expense budget of $14.1 million was approved Friday, May 30.
- A report of the Christian Conference Task Force was given by Adolf Hansen, chair of the task force (see separate story). Christian Conferencing guidelines were approved.
- The Board of Pensions reports were approved in the following actions:
- The 2015 cost of the Clergy Retirement Security Program – Defined Benefit of 8.5 percent of Plan Compensation is limited to 150 percent of Denomination Average Compensation for billing CRSP-DB).
- That the Pre-1982 Past Service Rate for 2015 be set at $673 per service year.
- That the report Sections A through F, H and I, be approved as presented.
- The Board of Pension’s Retiree Health Subsidy report is covered in a separate adjacent story.