Roanoke Seminary United Methodist Church
Roanoke Seminary United Methodist Church sits on a hilltop overlooking the town of Roanoke. Founded in 1844, the congregation's first minister was Rev. John Surran.
The church once shared this site with the original building of the seminary. The school was established in 1860 and operated by the Saint Joseph Annual Conference of the United Brethren Church. Today this church, now United Methodist, houses a window in its entranceway that commemorates the early students of the school. The window, shown in an insert in the photograph, features a drawing of the original seminary building. The institution itself was moved to North Manchester in 1889 and renamed Manchester College, which continues to operate under other auspices.
GPS: 40 57 47.53, -85 22 31.26