Manchester College, located at 604 E College Ave in North Manchester, was originally established in 1860 at Roanoke (as Roanoke Seminary) by the Saint Joseph (U.B.) Conference. It was moved to North Manchester and renamed in 1889. In 1895, it was sold to the Church of the Brethren, which still operates it. The Saint Joseph (U.B.) Conference was organized and held its first Conference session at North Manchester September 18, 1845. The Saint Joseph (U.B.) Conference Women’s Missionary Association was organized here August 39, 1878.