Centenary UM Church is located on E. Spring between 4th and 5th Streets. Following a gracious revival, the congregation was organized in 1838. The present church was built in 1839 (the year of the centenary of British Methodism). The original building, a two-story rectangular structure, was termed "quite an advance on the architecture of the times, being by far the best public edifice in the city." Over the years, the congregation has continued to worship in this building, but of course, the original appearance has been altered and the interior modernized.
GPS: 38 17 12.94, -85 49 14.16