First UMC -- Marion
First UMC, located at S. Adams and 7th Streets. Congregation organized in 1832, Present church built in 1922-1923. First Methodist Church was the site of a 1939 conference at which Indiana representatives of the Methodist Episcopal Church, Methodist Protestant Church, and M.E. Church, South, agreed to proceed with the formation of a reunited church. A subsequent conference in 1940 formalized the process that led to the creation of the Methodist Church in Indiana.
GPS: 40 33 19.58, -085 39 31.92