Historical Marker for Fort Wayne College
This was the site of the Fort Wayne College, better known as the Old M.E. College, which was established in 1846 as the Fort Wayne Female College on grounds donated by William Rockhill.
In 1855 the college consolidated with the Fort Wayne Collegiate Institute for Young Men, and it was then called the M.E. College. In 1890 the college grounds were deeded to Taylor University.
The marker is located on the west side of Thieme Drive at West Wayne St., Fort Wayne. GPS: 41 04 30.42, -085 09 25.83