The University of Evansville
The University of Evansville was established in Dearborn County, Indiana, in 1854 by the Indiana M.E. Conference as Moores Hill Male and Female Institute. It was moved to Evansville in 1917, and chartered as Evansville College in 1919. It is one of Indiana’s three U.M.-related universities. While on campus, see the John Wesley Gallery in Neu Chapel, northwest of the Olmstead Administration Building (37 58 19.79, -87 31 56.52). The Gallery houses what is believed to be the world’s second largest private collection of Wesleyan and Methodist items. Most of the commemoratives were acquired in England, with the oldest dating back to 1745.
GPS: 37 58 16.91, -87 31 54.12