Morton Memorial Church
Morton Memorial Church was the only congregation in Indiana of the former Methodist Episcopal Church, South, at the time of unification in 1939. Founded in 1868 as the Maple Street M.E. Church, South, the congregation was later renamed in memory of its pastor, Dr. David Morton. In 1955, after surmounting fire and flood, the people dedicated this fine edifice at 435 Eastern Blvd in Clarksville, but the building now (2014) stands vacant.