Hamline Chapel UMC

Location

102 West High Street
Lawrenceburg, Indiana

Category

M.E. - Methodist Episcopal

Description

Hamline Chapel United Methodist Church, located at High and Vine Sts. in Lawrenceburg, is on the National Register of Historic Places. The congregation began in 1806. The Greek Revival style church, which was built in 1847, was named after Bishop Leonidas Hamline. Bishop Francis Asbury made his only visit to Indiana Territory here in 1808.

view in Google

Connect with us
Subscribe to our emails

Keep up with the latest news, information and inspiration.