Workshops ("Fruitful Opportunities")
In addition to Church Planting and Redevelopment, Church Development can facilitate someone coming to your church to lead one of the following workshops or “fruitful opportunities” with your congregation, and possibly with other churches in your area.
- Accountable Leadership/Single Board: Realize the importance of structures that give leaders both the responsibility and authority to be successful in ministry while also holding them accountable to fruitful goals that align with the values, vision, and mission of the church. The link above has video and a slide presentation you can use to introduce the process to your church.
- Core Values: Discover your church’s core values through discerning the direction the church will go toward more effective ministry (fruitfulness).
- Facility Audit: Sometimes it helps to have a fresh perspective on our church facilities and this workshop can help you see your property through new eyes. Using the Tools for Building & Property Assessment may be a good first step for you.
- Hospitality/Get Their Name: Using recommended FCJ resources, determine how your church can grow by showing Radical Hospitality and being more intentional about building relationships with people in your community for invitation and evangelism opportunities.
- Intentional Faith Development: Discern a process for people of all ages and all levels of spiritual development to grow as disciples in order to create new disciples.
- Pre-plant Training: Session 1 of the Church Development pre-plant training introduces the vision and the new process for church planting and serves as a pre-requisite to apply for New Campus/Off-Site Congregation and New Church Grants.
- Starting a New Service: Work through a process to identify why and how to begin a new worship service to reach new people in your community. This workshop serves as a pre-requisite for New Worship Service Grant Applications.
- Starting a Multi-Site: Consider how your congregation can reach more and different people in your community (or a neighboring community) by launching a different meeting location.
- Transitioning Mission and Vision to Ministry: Learn how to take mission and vision from just words on a page to guiding all ministry decisions for strategic goal setting.
- Vision: Journey through the process of discerning God’s vision for your church, which will serve as the roadmap for ministry decisions going forward.
- Vital Merger: At times, churches come to the end of their life cycles and need to consider whether merging with other congregations will help them to reach new people and serve their communities more effectively. This workshop can help your church begin to consider possibilities.
For more information, or to schedule a workshop in your area, please the Church Development staff contact for your district.