Breakfast with Part-Time Pastors
|Rev. Michelle Cobb will be having breakfast with part-time pastors on the following dates, times, and locations. Please let Becky Rees know which one you will be able to attend or if you would prefer a individual meeting with Rev. Cobb.
- Saturday, July 7, 8:00 a.m., iHop Restaurant, 3038 W. Western Ave., Marion
- Saturday, July 14, 8:00 a.m., Richard's Restaurant, 1803 S. Anderson St., Elwood
- Saturday, July 21, 8:00 a.m., Centenary UMC, 910 Fordice Road, Lebanon
Individual Interviews with Full-Time Pastors
|Rev. Michelle Cobb would like to schedule individual interviews with the full-time pastors shortly after she arrives. Please find below the dates, times, and locations where she would like to conduct the interviews. Please let Becky Rees know what location and time would best work for you. If you have a problem in working these dates and times in your schedule, please let Becky know and we will see what can be worked out.
- Tuesday, July 17, morning and afternoon, First UMC, 1215 Jackson St., Anderson
- Wednesday, July 18, morning and afternoon, Carmel UMC, 621 S. Range Line Road, Carmel
- Thursday, July 19 and Tuesday, July 24, morning and afternoon, North Central District office, 2735 Albright Road, Kokomo
- Tuesday, July 31, morning until early afternoon, Centenary UMC, 910 Fordice Road, Lebanon
- Wednesday, August 1 and Thursday, August 2, morning and afternoon, First UMC, 624 S. Adams St., Marion
- Tuesday, August 7 and Wednesday, August 8, morning until early afternoon, Emmanuel UMC, 16000 Cumberland Road, Noblesville
- Thursday, August 9, morning until early afternoon, Zionsville UMC, 9644 Whitestown Road, Zionsville
Exploring Ministry Workshop
Exploring Ministry Workshop
Saturday, June 23
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Fishers UMC, 9691 E. 116th St., Fishers - (317) 849-1805
How is God calling you to Serve?
Learn about ministry in the United Methodist Church and paths to serve; visit with deacons, elders, extension ministers, and lay staff; and gain tools for vocational exploration.
9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. - Check-in
10:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. - Introduction led by Rev. Brian Durand
10:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - "What Does it Mean to be Called?" led by Ms. Teri Coe
10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. - "Reflections on Call" (Journaling Time)
11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. - "Small Group Conversations - "What I've Learned About Call" led by Rev. Brian Durand
12:00 to 1:00 p.m. - Lunch
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. - "Speed Dating" - Rotating Table Conversations with Ministry Representatives
Elders: Rev. Rusty Allanson, Rev. Jill Howard
Deacons: Rev. Marcy Patrick, Rev. Diane Pence
Local Pastors: Pastor Diana Sturm
Laity: Ms. Terri Coe
3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. - "Next Steps" led by Rev. Sandy Harlan
3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. - "Worship & Communion: 'The Joy of Serving' with Bishop Mike
Yearlong Prayer for Each Church
|A yearlong prayer emphasis has been announced by Bishop Michael Coyner, who asked each congregation to pray for five other congregations every Monday through Friday in 2012. The object is to lift our sister United Methodist Churches in prayer at least once during the year. Paula Shrock, the North Central District Prayer Coordinator, has made available a bulletin insert which may be used. You may obtain the bulletin insert for June 18-22 by clicking here.
Carmel Church Seeks Part-Time Parish Nurse
|St. Mark's UMC has an opening for an R.N. to lead and grow our parish health program. This job will include duties such as: health education, locating local health resources, personal health counseling, and volunteer coordination. Estimated work hours are 12 - 15 hours per week. Applicant must be licensed in the state of Indiana, have five years of experience nursing and have been active within a church and its structure. Management skills, knowledge of nursing care, program development, excellent written and oral skills are necessary for this position. The Parish Nurse must be a good listener, demonstrate respect for all persons, be spiritually mature, and demonstrate a deep faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the healing ministry of the church. A complete job description is available by going online to our church website at www.stmarkscarmel.org. Applicants should apply by July 13, 2012.
Convo 2012 - Historians Across the Jurisdiction to Gather in Indianapolis
Where can you get one bishop, two Wesley scholars, and three exciting tours in a single package? Answer: in the North Central Jurisdiction Archives and History Convocation coming to the University of Indianapolis campus, July 9 to 12.
If you are a church historian or a pastor or lay person who appreciates United Methodist history, this is for you.
The program, featuring Bishop Coyner, Professors Greg Clapper and Jason Vickers, and "field trips" to visit historic Old Centrum UMC, explore Connor Prairie's inner workings, and enjoy a performance by the Barnes UMC Choir, will be capped off by our own Rev. Todd Outcalt, well-known Indiana writer and speaker.
United Methodist Women Upcoming Events
|School of Christian Mission and Sampler Day - week of July 23, 2012 - More information may be found by clicking here. Scholarship application forms may be obtained on the District website.
Hands on Mission Project - Student and Teacher School Bags. Kit items and instructions can be found at http://www.midwestmissiondc.org. Items will be collected at the School of Christian Mission in July.
District UMW Fall Meeting - Sunday, September 23, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at First UMC, 2051 Monument St., Noblesville
Conference UMW Fall Celebration and Annual Meeting - October 12-13, Avon UMC, 6850 E. U.S. 36, Avon
Living Faith: What Does it Mean Youth Event
|This is an event designed for students who want to go deeper than youth group or Sunday School will allow. It will be held Monday, July 9 through Friday, July 13 for 8th graders through high school seniors at St. Joseph UMC, 6004 Reed Road, Fort Wayne. Please click here for a brochure of the event.
|Click here for more details on these events and other youth events
Future District/Conference Events
- Breakfast with Part-Time Pastors, July 7, 8:00 a.m., iHop Restaurant, 3038 S. Western Ave., Marion
- Breakfast with Part-Time Pastors, July 14, 8:00 a.m., Richard's Restaurant, 1803 S. Anderson St., Elwoo
- North Central Jurisdiction Conference, July 17-21, 2012, Akron, OH
- Breakfast with Part-Time Pastors, July 21, 8:00 a.m., Centenary UMC, 910 Fordice Road, Lebanon
- Installation Service for Rev. Michelle Cobb, Sunday, September 9, 3:00 p.m. at St. Luke's UMC, 700 E. Southway Blvd., Kokomo
- Diversity Training, September 21, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., St. Luke's UMC, 700 E. Southway Blvd., Kokomo
- Professional Boundaries, September 22, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., St. Luke's UMC, 700 E. Southway Blvd., Kokomo
- District UMW Annual Meeting, Sunday, September 23, First UMC, 2051 Monument St., Noblesville
- Kokomo 6 Cluster Charge Conference, Sunday, October 7 at 4:00 p.m.
- Howard/Miami Cluster Charge Conference, Tuesday, October 9, 6:00 p.m.
- Conference UMW Annual Meeting, October 12-13, Avon UMC, 6850 E. U.S. 36, Avon
- Pray First Cluster Charge Conference, Sunday, October 14 at 4:00 p.m.
- Argylls Cluster Charge Conference, Tuesday, October 16 at 6:00 p.m.
- Eastbrook Cluster Charge Conference, Sunday, October 21 at 4:00 p.m.
- Oak Hill Cluster Charge Conference, Sunday, October 28 at 4:00 p.m.
- Anderson Cluster Charge Conference, Tuesday, October 30 at 6:00 p.m.
- Small Town Cluster Charge Conference, Sunday, November 4 at 4:00 p.m.
- Grant 7 Cluster Charge Conference, Wednesday, November 7 at 6:00 p.m.
- South Madison Cluster Charge Conference, Sunday, November 11 at 12:30 p.m.
- Hope United Cluster Charge Conference, Tuesday, November 13 at 6:00 p.m.
- Hamilton County Cluster Charge Conference, Sunday, November 18 at 4:00 p.m.
- Boone County Cluster Charge Conference, Tuesday, November 20 at 6:00 p.m.
- Clinton & Frankfort Clusters Charge Conference, Tuesday, November 27 at 6:00 p.m.
- Clinton Central Cluster Charge Conference, Sunday, December 2 at 4:00 p.m.
|Area Events - Click here for complete details.
- Three Bible Study Weekends, June 15-17, July 20-22, August 31-September 2, Sharpsville UMC
- 2nd Annual Yard and Bake Sale, Saturday, June 16, Aroma UMC
- Summer Camps at St. Mark's UMC, Carmel, June 18-22, at the church
- New Book Study Begins June 20, St. Mark's UMC, Carmel
- A Day of Remembrance, Wednesday, June 20, 7:00 p.m.
- Annual Fish Fry, Friday, June 22 and Saturday, June 23, 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Pleasant Grove UMC, Indianapolis
- Russ Taff Concert with Karl Hinkle, Sunday, June 24, 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., First UMC, Sheridan
- "The Case of the Mysterious Stranger," youth dinner theatre, Friday, June 29, 6:30 p.m., First UMC, Gas City
- Annual Ice Cream Social, Saturday, July 21, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Salem UMC, Zionsville
- Fifth Annual Lapel Community Unity Event, Saturday, June 30, Trinity Life Center, Pendleton
- Tenderloin Fry, Saturday, August 18, Mt. Olive UMC
- AgapeFest IV, Saturday, August 4 from 1:00 p.m. until approx. 7:00 p.m.
- Fish Fry, Saturday, October 6, Hillsdale UMC, Kokomo
- Annual Chicken Noodle Dinner and UMW Bake Sale, Saturday, October 20, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Salem UMC, Zionsville