Annual Conference Session announcement for Tuesday, May 22
Remember, we are Making ROOM this annual conference session to welcome anyone who would like to come and participate in the annual conference sessions as well a mission related projects before and during annual conference.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS DUE TODAY, TUESDAY, MAY 22
There are still plenty of rooms available at the five hotels near the Indiana Convention Center with special rates for annual conference members and guests. TODAY is the deadline for reserving rooms at these hotels. After today, the rate may go up and the rooms may not be credited to the conference for use. Reserve your room today online or by phone at 317-262-8191 and mention that you are attending the Indiana Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church. Do not call the hotels directly to get the annual conference special rate.
WORKSHOP, SPONSORED MEALS THAT ARE SOLD OUT OR STILL AVAILABLE
All but two workshops are sold out
All workshops except Mission Possible Kids Friday for children in the Child Care Room 132 and Kenda Creasey Dean are now SOLD OUT. Kenda Creasey Dean will continue to be available since it is in the Main Room.
Environmental stewardship workshop still open
The “3 Fool Proof Ways to Green Your Church” workshop Thursday sponsored by the Indiana UMC Creation Care Network has limited spots available.
Two Friday luncheons sold out, other meals still have openings
The Spiritual Practices and Traditional Worship luncheons on Friday are SOLD OUT. The rest of the luncheons on Friday and other times may still have space available.
Remember, meal reservations need to be reserved by Thursday, May 24. There will be no meal tickets sold at the annual conference session registration table.
MISSION RELATED EVENTS HIGHLIGHTED FOR BEFORE, DURING ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Conference Connection Mission Outreach, Wednesday, June 6 and Thursday, June 7
Making a difference in Indianapolis
- Wednesday, June 6 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 6:45 to 8 p.m.
- Latest information is available at www.indymetroumc.org/makingroom.
- The cost is $30 per person.
- Areas that still need to be filled:
- Roberts Park UMC – downtown
- Painting canvas tile 2-4 p.m.
- Encouragement cards – morning and afternoon slots
- Knitting – morning and afternoon slots
- Martindale-Brightwood-neighborhood Habitat build – construction workers
We will be working on building the foundation for the UMC Central Indiana home.
- Rehab Homes workers – This team could use more workers. We have lots of homes that we could plan to rehab.
- Registration is part of Annual Conference registration available at www.inumc.org/ac2012. Guests do not need to pay the annual conference registration fee, only the $30 cost for the Community Connection event. The cost includes lunch, a T-shirt and materials used. Registration deadline is Thursday, May 24.
- The Dedication Celebration of Habitat for Humanity House and Playground at the Brightwood Community Center will be held Thursday, June 7 from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- Transportation information will be e-mailed to participants by Metro Ministries.
- For more information, contact Lisa Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-924-4140.
Sign up for the 5K Run/Walk/Stroll June 7 at Indianapolis for Imagine NO Malaria
The Indiana Conference Mission and Advocacy Team, the West District of the Indiana Conference and Gobin Memorial United Methodist Church of Greencastle are sponsoring an Imagine NO Malaria “Change the World” 5K Run/Walk/Stroll on the downtown canal in Indianapolis, Thursday, June 7 from 7 to 11 a.m. All are welcome to join the 5K Run/Walk/Stroll held immediately before the Indiana Annual Conference to benefit Imagine NO Malaria. For complete details and registration, visit www.inumc.org/5K. Registration deadline is June 1.
This event is NOT part of the Indiana Annual Conference online registration.
Friends of Africa University to gather Friday during Annual Conference Session
Guatemala Missions dinner with Tom Heaton to be held Thursday, June 7, 5:30 p.m. is now sold out.
Native American Ministries dinner June 8 during annual conference session is sold out.