EAP (Live and Work Well)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers two support programs for participants:
- Work/Life Services
- Emotional Counseling Services
These programs are offered through United Behavioral Health (UBH). All services are absolutely confidential. Work/Life Services provides participants with information and referrals for a variety of personal needs at no out-of-pocket cost.
Beginning in 2016, the behavioral health benefit through HealthFlex was changed to mirror the medical benefit for both in-network and out-of-network services. As a result, out-of-network claims were not paid by HealthFlex until the full out-of-network deductible was met for an individual. (Reference)
Work/Life Services provides answers and information on a wide variety of topics at no out-of-pocket cost.
As a Participant, you are able to call and discuss your request with UBH. UBH then does all the research and provides the information back in just a few days. This confidential service is available to HealthFlex participants any time, day or night.
Work/Life Services Include:
- Household services—Plumbers, housekeepers, carpenters, dry cleaners, auto repair shops, electricians
- —Theater tickets, golf, travel agents, concerts
- Health and wellness—Fitness centers, all-night pharmacies, chronic care support services
- Personal services—Apartment brokers, caterers, tailors, pet services, life learning support
- —Clothing, antiques, sporting goods, specialty stores, shopping services for the elderly or disabled
- Child care—Day care options, after-school programs and special services
- Elder care—Day programs, residential facilities and services for home-bound individuals
- Financial services*—Investment planning, debt reduction, budget management
- Legal and mediation services**—State-specific will, power of attorney, contractual disputes, estate settlement
Emotional Counseling Services
Emotional Counseling Services can help participants address a variety of issues related to work, relationships, family life, finances, time management and other personal challenges. This program provides support in several ways:
• Eight face-to-face sessions per family member, per issue, per calendar year based on the EAP
specialist’s assessment—at no out-of-pocket cost
• Seamless transition to standard behavioral health benefits if more sessions are needed
• Telephone access to a clinician for brief counseling to help resolve problems
Emotional Counseling Services Include:
- Conflict resolution at work
- Maintaining boundaries between professional life and personal life
- Marital and family satisfaction
- Emotional impact of living with a chronic or serious illness or caring for an ailing family member
- Stress, anxiety or depression
There is no limit on the use of these EAP services unless otherwise noted.
The HealthFlex Plan maintains an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), through UBH, for your use in dealing with such matters as work-life balance, substance abuse, stress management, family counseling, financial advice, legal assistance and other concerns. You and your family members can receive up to eight face to face counseling visits per issue per year at no charge to you.
HealthFlex Participants: Log into the HealthFlex/WebMD with your username and password. Under the “Benefits” drop-down menu, choose “Live and Work Well.” (You do not need another password to link to this website from HealthFlex/WebMD.) Or call UBH directly at 1-800-788-5614 with any questions.
Do you have an immediate concern about a work, personal or financial issue? Perhaps you're looking for a little more information and need a bit of assistance. Our carefully selected specialists are on-hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to lend a bit of support. Don't forget - all conversations and correspondence will be kept confidential! (Summary)
Get the Support You Need:
- Find additional details about the UBH Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Watch the Demo
* If you feel you are a threat to yourself or someone else, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. *