A Call to Prayer and Conversation
AN INVITATION FROM BISHOP TRIMBLE FOR MEMBERS OF THE INDIANA CONFERENCE TO TAKE PART IN DISTRICT CONVERSATION AROUND THE WAY FORWARD.
LOCATIONS AND DATES
North District: Sunday, August 5
Northeast District: Sunday, August 26
West District: Sunday, October 7
Southwest District: Tuesday, October 30
Northwest District: Sunday, November 11
Southeast District: Saturday, November 10
Central District: Sunday, November 18
East District: Saturday, December 1
North Central District: Sunday, January 20
South District: Sunday, January 17
CHRISTIAN CONFERENCING GUIDELINES
During the 2015 session of the Indiana Annual Conference, members approved Christian Conferencing Guidelines to help guide discernment and elections for the 2016 General and Jurisdictional Conferences. These guidelines continue to help shape the mission and ministry of the Indiana Conference.
1. RESPECT others as Jesus would have done when he was here on earth.
2. PRAY for others as well as yourself especially those with whom you disagree.
3. LISTEN to others before thinking about what you want to say in response.
4. UNDERSTAND what others are saying so clearly that you could accurately state their view.
5. SHARE your own point of view with grace and humility as well as honesty and candor.
6. FOCUS your commitments on issues being discussed not on persons expressing them.
7. COMMIT yourself to the unity of the Spirit seeking consensus whenever possible.
8. GIVE the time needed to work through the process in which you are engaged.
9. ACKNOWLEDGE that you may be wrong even when you think you are right.
10. Allow the Fruit of the Spirit to permeate your way of interacting with others;
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Generosity, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-control.
View an online version of the Christian Conferencing Guidelines at inumc.org/ccg.