A Call to Prayer and Conversation
AN INVITATION FROM BISHOP TRIMBLE FOR MEMBERS OF THE INDIANA CONFERENCE TO TAKE PART IN DISTRICT CONVERSATIONS AROUND THE WAY FORWARD.
LOCATIONS AND DATES
2:00 p.m. (CT)
Sunday, August 5
Valparaiso First United Methodist Church
103 Franklin Street, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Sunday, August 26
Auburn First United Methodist Church
1203 E 7th Street, Auburn, IN 46706
Sunday, October 7
Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church
3050 East Davis Drive, Terre Haute, IN 47802
6:30 p.m. (CT)
Tuesday, October 30
Newburgh United Methodist Church
4178 IN-261, Newburgh, IN 47630
Saturday, November 10
Asbury United Methodist Church
1751 27th Street, Columbus, IN 47201
Sunday, November 11
Monticello United Methodist Church
200 S. Main Street, Monticello, IN 47960
2:00 - 4:00 p.m. (EST)
Sunday, November 18
Castleton United Methodist Church
7101 Shadeland Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46256
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (EST)
Saturday, December 1
Union Chapel United Methodist Church
4622 N Broadway Ave, Muncie, IN 47303
North Central District:
3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 20
Carmel United Methodist Church
621 S Rangeline Road, Carmel, IN 46032
Sunday, January 27
Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church
2100 Hwy 150, Floyds Knobs, IN 47119
CHRISTIAN CONFERENCING GUIDELINES
During the 2015 session of the Indiana Annual Conference, members approved Christian Conferencing Guidelines to help guide discernment and elections for the 2016 General and Jurisdictional Conferences. These guidelines continue to help shape the mission and ministry of the Indiana Conference.
1. RESPECT others as Jesus would have done when he was here on earth.
2. PRAY for others as well as yourself especially those with whom you disagree.
3. LISTEN to others before thinking about what you want to say in response.
4. UNDERSTAND what others are saying so clearly that you could accurately state their view.
5. SHARE your own point of view with grace and humility as well as honesty and candor.
6. FOCUS your commitments on issues being discussed not on persons expressing them.
7. COMMIT yourself to the unity of the Spirit seeking consensus whenever possible.
8. GIVE the time needed to work through the process in which you are engaged.
9. ACKNOWLEDGE that you may be wrong even when you think you are right.
10. Allow the Fruit of the Spirit to permeate your way of interacting with others;
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Generosity, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-control.
View an online version of the Christian Conferencing Guidelines at inumc.org/ccg.
Helping Congregations Have Conversations about A Way Forward Plans
United Methodist congregations can face potentially difficult discussions about plans submitted by the Commission on a Way Forward by using resources available from the Courageous Conversations project at Discipleship Ministries.