Zanesville United Methodist Church Seeks Director of Youth Ministries
To carry out the vision of Zanesville United Methodist Church by bringing youth to Christ and to disciple them to go into their communities and influence their world.
1. Live a life in agreement with the ZUMC/Tower Life Center Leadership Covenant.
2. Actively lead, coach and mentor youth through life’s journey to help them establish and maintain an intimate, ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. Provide a step-by-step discipleship pathway for youth and young adults to learn God’s plan for their lives. Coach and help that plan by providing constant positive reinforcement through Biblical Teaching.
4. Collaborate with, motivate, train and equip their Adult Ministry Team in order to provide the best possible ministry to our youth.
5. Develop a Youth Leadership Team of mature Senior High youth
6. Lead the selection process and development of curriculum for the Club 56 (5th & 6th graders) and Firefall (7th – 12th grades). Lead a minimum of one weekly group (Firefall) while leading the development of additional small group spiritual development opportunities.
7. Work with Education Work Area in the selection of curriculum for the Junior and Senior High Tower Life Groups (Sunday School).
8. Coordinate and lead an annual mission trip or Church Camp experience. (These would rotate annually)
9. Coordinate other mission or seeker events on a quarterly basis.
10. Develop and expand the multi-media and social media footprint of Firefall (Youth Ministry). Create a monthly Firefall newsletter. Must maintain a high level of communication throughout the organization.
11. Teach an annual confirmation class under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
12. Grow in skills related to youth ministry by attending workshops, conferences and training events as they are made available.
13. Know and understand the Child Protection Guidelines, and take an annual training in said guidelines.
14. Undertake other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or the Staff/Parish Committee.
15. The Youth Director and Firefall are responsible for the message and staffing of the Worship service when there is a 5th Sunday in a month.
1. Attend Worship Services, being visible and accessible to the youth.
2. Attend secular events ZUM youth are involved in as often as possible (i.e. high school athletics, band performances, plays, etc.) cultivating relationships with the youth and possible relationships with the unchurched.
3. Attend monthly meetings with Senior Pastor.
4. Attend meeting every two months with liaisons as assigned by the Staff/Parish Committee.
5. Attend all meetings of the Church Council.
6. Attend most church ministry functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Committed Christian with the same basic philosophy of ministry and theology as Zanesville United Methodist Church.
2. BA in a relevant field is required.
3. Experience in youth ministry through internships or Youth Pastor/Director positions required.
4. Strong people skills and a TEAM player
5. A servant’s heart for ministry and a deep desire to see people come to Christ and grow in faith.
6. Ability to communicate with all persons, particularly middle and high school youth.
7. Thorough working knowledge of and the ability to present the Gospel to youth.
8. Ability to disciple/mentor youth.
9. Ability to conduct all financial, personal and church matters with confidentiality.
10. Proficiency with computers, multi-media and social networking highly recommended.
1. Directly accountable to the Senior Pastor for supervision.
2. Salary will be reviewed annually by the Staff/Parish Committee, and submitted as part of the Personnel Budget to the Finance Committee for consideration.
3. Any grievances or concerns should be shared with the Senior Pastor and the Staff/Parish Committee.
1. This is a full-time position, with an expectation of at least 40 hours per week.
2. Health insurance is not provided by the employer.
3. Paid vacation is available
Send Resume to:
Zanesville United Methodist Church
Attn: Pastor/Chairperson of SPRC
11811 North Wayne Street
PO Box 4
Zanesville, Indiana 46799
Or you may email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attached file(s): view file