Church and Society Seeks Office Manager and Administrative Assistant for the United Nations Office
The Office Manager and Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Assistant General Secretary for United Nations and International Affairs. (S)he will maintain the proper, orderly, and daily functioning and upkeep of the physical GBCS UN Office in New York. (S)he will attend to all the administrative, logistical and resource needs of the office for the successful implementation of program goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate must be exceptionally well organized, flexible and resourceful, with the ability to think on their feet. (S)he must have the ability to multi-task with supreme attention to detail, punctuality in delivery of assigned tasks, sensitivity to a multicultural setting, and adaptability to cultural and diplomatic protocols and decorum that partly define the work setting.
This person is expected to be punctual, productive and collaborative under all conditions, including being alone or in team-work settings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide office managerial and administrative support to the Assistant General Secretary for United Nations and International Affairs (AGS), including maintenance of schedules and appointments.
- Manage the flow of all written and electronic communications, respond to all information requests, arrange conference calls and screen incoming calls.
- Develop and type correspondence with an expert level proficiency.
- Prepare, file and maintain expense reports and reimbursements, travel requests and check requests in the financially accepted format.
- Maintain office supplies and proper functioning of office equipment.
- Develop and manage programme and office databases.
- Assist in events planning and execution.
- Provide support in domestic and international travel planning with travel preferences in mind.
- Add value by keeping abreast of the agency’s mission, vision and progress as well as a functional knowledge of The United Methodist Church structure and policy.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of Associate Degree. Bachelor’s Degree an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, with managerial and supervisory duties in a full-time compensated work related to required duties and responsibilities as described a definite advantage
- A solid work history and positive work attitude.
- Must be able to work efficiently while demonstrating initiative and independence.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with persons at all levels, both verbal and written, and under varied cultural and diplomatic settings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work in New York City.
Hourly pay rate range $30 to $31.25 per hour or $54,600 to $57,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience; pension benefits; 10 days of paid vacation; sick leave; comprehensive medical, dental, vision and accidental death insurance; other benefits as outlined in the Employee Personnel Manual. This is a full-time non-exempt position entitled to overtime and requires 5-10% travel. There is no paid relocation.
The General Board of Church & Society is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, age, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Procedure and Deadline:
To apply applicants must submit a cover letter and resume by Tuesday, February 28.
Incomplete applicant information will not be considered.
No agencies please.
Send to: email@example.com
The General Board of Church and Society
Attn: Ms. Frances J. Roberts, AGS Administration/Human Resources
100 Maryland Ave. NE #224
Washington, DC 20002-5625