Loogootee United Methodist Church Seeks Part-time Youth Director
The Loogootee United Methodist Church located 208 W. Main St., Loogootee, IN 47553 Seeks a part-time youth director to coordinate fellowship, education, and mission activities for its junior and high school youth (approximately 30 youth). The budgeted salary for the position is $12,662.00. Church policy requires that this position must be filled by a person at least 21 years of age.
We are looking for someone who possesses the following gifts:
• Be committed to all biblical values and provide biblical lessons at each youth gathering.
• Serve as a role model for the youth in faith and life.
• Be available for Sunday and Wednesday evening youth gatherings, and Sunday morning worship.
• Be available for occasional overnight and one week-long overnight trip a year
• Provide references and prior background to qualify for this position.
• Have appropriate computer literacy to deal with youth.
• Communicate well to students and a willingness to communicate openly with parents.
• Be highly organized, able to recruit and motivate volunteers and delegate tasks.
• Willingness to organize and lead fundraisers.
• Willingness to work with an adult youth council and pastor.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Pastor Gary Elsten, 208 West Main St, Loogootee, IN 47553. Application deadline is Wednesday, March 1, 2017. For more information about the position and the church, please visit our website at www.loogooteeumc.org.