Iowa United Methodist Conference seeks Director of New Faith Communities
The Iowa Conference is searching for a skilled and passionate ministry developer seeking an opportunity to make a significant impact within The United Methodist Church in Iowa. The Director of New Faith Communities will provide leadership and oversight to the ministry of developing and nurturing new faith communities and will be a vital component of the leadership team responsible for implementation of the Conference vision, mission, and strategic priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops, in collaboration with other leaders and leadership teams, the strategic plan for new faith communities in the Iowa Conference and oversees the implementation of the plan.
· Develops and coordinates a comprehensive process of evaluating, equipping, and coaching new faith communities for the purpose of reaching new people and creating disciples of Jesus Christ.
· Coordinates a process of identifying, evaluating and training potential church planters and partner churches.
· Collaborates with the resident Bishop and Appointive Cabinet related to development of new faith communities and pastoral appointments.
· Develops and coordinates the strategic use of existing Conference resources and develops additional funding sources for new faith community development.
· Provides ongoing training, support, and accountability for pastors appointed to new faith communities.
· Equips and encourages local churches with the tools and information to assess and engage in ministry with the people living in their mission field.
· A Master’s of Divinity or master’s degree in a relevant field such as Christian Education, Theological Studies, etc., plus three years of successful ministry development, or a combination of equivalent education and experience, is required for this position
· Training in current methods and models of creating new faith communities is required
Required Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrated ability to start and grow new ministries with people new to the Christian faith and/or The United Methodist Church
· Demonstrated ability to create and implement a strategic plan for the development of new faith communities
· Ability to initiate and manage different models of creating new faith communities dependent upon the context of the mission field
· Excellent project management skills with the ability to coordinate and organize multiple projects
· Skilled in communicating with a wide variety of audiences, including the communication of the mission, vision and strategic priorities of the Conference
· Skilled at building and resourcing teams
· Ability to work within cross-cultural communities of faith
Please submit your resume and application by May 7 2017, to:
HR/Benefits - Joni Mardesen
2301 Rittenhouse St.
Des Moines, IA 50321