Indiana Conference seeks Director of Local Pastor Education
Title of position—Director of Local Pastor Education
Classification—Part-Time Appointed Clergyperson
Compensation Package—$30,000- $40,000
The Director of Local Pastor Education is a part-time (20-25 hours per week) position that includes oversight, management, and facilitation of all aspects of the educational process for Local Pastors in the Indiana Conference, which includes; License to Preach and the Extension Course of Study School. This position also serves as Dean of the School and ensures adherence to the standards and policies established by the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry and the Indiana Board of Managers for Local Pastor Education.
- Provide vision and direction to the local pastor educational offerings with the approval of the Board of Indiana Local Pastors and Board of Ordained Ministry.
- Provide vision and direction to the development of new educational program structure in accordance with the standards and policies established by the Division of Ordained Ministry.
- Evaluate and make current a new vision for the effectiveness of the various local pastor educational offerings. Examples include Weekend License to Preach, Online License to Preach, Extension Course of Study, and other offerings.
- Enlist, supervise, and assess qualified leaders, who are teachers, to serve as faculty for the various educational opportunities for local pastors.
- Maintain the appropriate budgets to ensure the physical and financial resources for developing and expanding Local Pastor educational offerings
- Give leadership and direction to the Local Pastor educational offerings by recruitment and marketing participation of all local pastors (working with District Committee of Ministry for those beginning the process and maintaining credentialing).
- Coordinate the calendar and ensure the readiness of facilities, faculty, and participation in accordance with the calendar.
- Serve on the Indiana Board of Ordained Ministry and Board of Indiana Local Pastors.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A seminary degree (preferably a terminal degree, Doctor of Ministry or Doctor of Philosophy)
- An ordained clergyperson with significant years of experience and fruitful ministry in the United Methodist Church.
- The ability to work cooperatively with Indiana Conference staff members, Board of Ordained Ministry, and leaders of the Board of Indiana Local Pastors School.
- Ability to use computer software and assist the local pastor educational offerings are staying relevant in a technology-driven society
- Exceptional speaking skills and the ability to speak confidently before groups
- Quality leadership skills
- Exceptional administrative skills
- Extensive teaching experience
- Internet-enabled mobile phone
- Laptop computer with voice and video capabilities
- Ability to work offsite, with mandatory participation in Indiana Board of Managers and Board of Ordained Ministry meetings.
The completed application materials must be submitted electronically no later than midnight on March 1, 2018. The following items are the requested application materials:
- A comprehensive resume
- A one (1) page narrative to include the following:
- What gifts and graces do you bring to the position
- How does this opportunity align with your 3-5 year goals
- Once materials have been received, the Director of Leadership Development along with the Indiana Board of Managers will receive the information for discussion.
- If a decision is made to further pursue applicant, an interview will be scheduled in April 2018.
- If the information is declined, Indiana Conference Human Resources will communicate with the applicant in written form.
Attached file(s): view file