Indiana Conference Seeks Associate Director of Finance and Administration Support Services
Indiana Conference of the United Methodist ChurchPOSITION DESCRIPTION
Title of position—Associate Director of Finance and Administration-Support Services
Supervisor—Director of Finance and Administrative Services
“The United Methodist tradition has recognized that laypersons, as well as ordained persons are gifted and called by God to lead the Church. The servant leadership of these persons is essential to the mission and ministry of congregations.”
The vision of the Indiana Conference of The United Methodist Church is that “we will be a connection of vibrant congregations with fruitful leaders and faithful disciples transforming the world by doing no harm, doing good, and staying in love with God,” to accomplish the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
a. Overall Purpose of Position
Position Summary: To assist the Finance and Administrative Services team in serving the Indiana Conference by providing exceptional care and timely resolve to matters in the areas of human resources (compliance and processes), benefits administration, clergy support, and technology.
This critical role works to continually identify and implement best practices and innovations to support these vital areas of ministry. The position is relational, connectional, and consultative in nature. It requires a high level of confidentiality. It also requires the ability to work in a team and collaborative ministry with a high level of organizational communication skills.
The person must have a passion for serving. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for Christ and Christ’s church, a heart for developing others, demonstrates superior communication skills and is an experienced relationship-builder.
b. Essential Functions
1) Works collaboratively with the Director of Finance and Administrative Services to fulfill the vision and mission of the Indiana Conference
2) Provides services to the area of human resources, which includes: employee onboarding, employee health benefits and insurance
3) Assists in and advance all recruitment and hiring, including personnel requisition process, job postings as well as development and review of job descriptions
4) Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook; performs benefits administration, and performs an annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness.
5) Maintains filing system for all employee files and ensures that employee files are in compliance with applicable State and/or Federal laws.
6) Provides expertise in the area of insurance services, which includes: board liability, employment practices, property and casualty, and workers compensation
7) Ensures exceptional services in the area of clergy support, to include: clergy moving policies and practices, pension, and health insurance
8) Provides oversight to the area of technology support, which includes: IT support, managed print services, hosted phone system, file storage, wireless services, and other software applications and tools
9) Recommend, coordinate, and implement innovative ways to best serve the Indiana Conference in a more efficient manner
10) Develop and implement new initiatives and streamline processes
11) Communicate and facilitate with leadership in the Indiana Conference to include; the Bishop, District Superintendents, Conference Directors, and other Conference Leaders
12) Responsible to develop, work with, and maintain relationships. This includes but is not limited to Ordained Clergy, Bishop, District Superintendents, Conference Directors, Office Staff, District Assistants, and others
13) Manage three or more direct reports
c. Other Responsibilities
1) Attends all Finance and Administrative Services Staff events and meetings
2) Attends all Conference Staff events and meetings
3) Distributes agendas, reports, emails, phone calls on various issues in a timely manner
4) Attends meetings of various Boards and Agencies as deemed by direct supervisor
2. Workplace Requirements
a. Reliable transportation and funds to enable travel within the conference
b. Office with administrative support for correspondence, finances, meeting space, information management, and supervision management
c. Internet enabled mobile phone
d. Laptop computer with voice and video capabilities
e. Ability to work some evenings and weekends
3. Qualifications for this position
a. A vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to help fulfill the church’s mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world
b. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field, plus five to eight years experience required
c. Understanding of and commitment to diversity (culture, race, gender, theology, age, etc.)
d. Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professional integrity, with an ability to inspire confidence and become a trusted advisor
e. Proven ability to interact with and form fruitful partnerships with all levels of management and congregational leaders
f. Strong organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills with a high level of “emotional intelligence”
g. Strong communication skills: writing, speaking, and correspondence
h. Advanced skills and ability to work with various software platforms
i. Excellent customer service, communication, and problem solving skills
j. Ability to multitask and have a focused attention to detail
k. Interested in expanding knowledge in various facets within the scope of the job
Please note that the Administration and Financial Services team is looking to add a new Associate Director of Finance and Administration-Support Services to join the team. Send resume and cover letter with salary requirement to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. However, priority for review and interview will be given to submissions received by Monday, September 26.