First UMC (Bloomington) seeks Praise Team Worship Leader
We seek a Praise Team Worship Leader part-time (hours TBD) on Sunday mornings at our 11:15 a.m. Contemporary Worship Service.
• Lead a worship band through continual recruitment, onboarding, and communication with combined paid and volunteer worship team members.
• Scheduling band members
• Weekly rehearsals of instrumentalists & vocalists
• Worship planning of weekly contemporary service
• Attendance at staff meetings
• Administrative tasks (e.g., budgeting, scheduling, worship database, tracking licenses, etc)
• Work with A/V coordinator and Communications team to coordinate slides, videos, and other audio/visual messages
• Establish a relationship and work with management of worship site
• Lead volunteer Leadership Team
Required Experience, Skills, Abilities & Attributes:
• Commitment to living a Christ-centered life, understanding oneself as a spiritual leader and representing First Methodist in the community;
• A call to ministry through worship and music;
• An understanding of Wesleyan theology and its application to worship planning
• Relevant experience in all aspects of contemporary worship planning and implementation
• Mastery of vocal and instrumental (preferably guitar or keyboard) performance
• Strong communication, organizational, follow-through, and leadership skill;
• The ability to work comfortably and adapt to a changing environment
• Creativity in worship design, and the ability to work collaboratively with others, including the preaching pastors, other musicians, and ministry team
• Working knowledge (or willingness to learn) of Song Select, ProPresenter, Elexio, Dropbox, and Planning Center Online
Resumes and cover letter must be submitted by email to Catherine Foreman at firstname.lastname@example.org.