First UMC (Bloomington) seeks Children and Family Ministries Director
• Direct report to the Senior Director of Children’s, Family, and Youth Ministries; and Pastors.
• Work with supervising Senior Director, Children's Council, and other church leaders, to develop, articulate, and deploy a Christ-centered philosophy for faith development by building disciples.
• Gives direction to Children’s Council with education plans, curriculum, and overall development of children’s and family ministries.
• Develop and direct process for recruiting, training, and deploying volunteer leaders for Sunday School, VBS, children’s worship, etc.
• Supervise and train child care and nursery leaders for Sunday morning and other church events, including paid nursery staff people.
• Attend meetings of First Methodist Staff, Church Council, Children’s Council, assigned staff teams, and various short-term planning groups as needed.
• Set annual professional ministry goals with Senior Director and participate in ongoing supervision and review
• Other duties as the ministry require and directed by Senior Director and Pastors
Email Catherine Foreman at email@example.com