Bethel International UMC in Columbus, OH seeks Young Adults Ministry Director
BIUMC SEEKS YOUTH ADULTS MINISTRY DIRECTOR
This position requires an engaging, vibrant, inclusive person to draw and maintain
young adults, 18–34 years old, into the life of the church by providing strong faithbased
anchors and support needed to fight the forces that pull them away. A love of
Bible study, worship, music, small groups, outreach/mission, international relations,
and fellowship events is a must. Along with other servant leaders, the person must
take ministry “to the young adults” in their natural settings, including connecting on
college campuses. The position is part of the upper management staffing of the church,
with the person being a vital contributor to staff meetings and attending related
continuing education. The person will also have oversight of the welcoming and small
group ministries of the church and will report directly to the Senior Pastor under the
oversight of the Human Relations Sub-team of the Leadership Board.
• Promote the mission and the 500-in-5 vision of the church through the young
• Develop, implement, and evaluate goals related to young adult ministry (every
6 months), including managing a ministry budget.
• Birth and grow a young adult ministry through recruiting, training, creative
programming, and supervising servant leaders.
• Provide spiritual and skill development for all small group ministries of the
church, including the young adult groups and Bible studies.
• Coordinate all young adult special events (i.e., mission/outreach, fellowship,
international relations, and worship services/preaching).
• Oversee the welcoming ministries of the church, especially as they relate to
Sunday morning worship (i.e., greeters, ushers, information desk).
• Attract and involve as many talented, gifted persons as possible for all the young
adult ministry areas.
• An infectious, living faith where young adults are fulfilling the church’s mission
of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the purpose of transforming the world.
• A calling to lead a young adult ministry with a healthy lifestyle modeled in strong
prayer, worship, tithing, serving, and witnessing.
• Relational skills with leadership, recruiting, training, and counseling ability.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related ministry field (seminary experience welcomed).
EXPECTATIONS & COMPENSATION
• Full-time, flexible hours (minimum of 40 per week), with BIUMC Sunday
morning worship attendance and travel to meet young adults in their settings.
• Successful experience in young adults ministry, along with strong recommenddations
• Knowledge of the United Methodist culture and a desire to learn more.
• Salary and benefits negotiated thru the HR Sub-team of the Leadership Board.
Resumes can be submitted to our Church Administrator, Sheila Lovell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Sheila or Pastor Mike at email@example.com.
Attached file(s): view file