Abundant Harvest UMC seeks Pianist / Organist
Key Goals: Use talents and skills, and encourage/develop those of others, to provide an on-going music program to support overall mission and ministry of the church, particularly in the worship life of the community. Project a caring, accepting and professional image, compatible with the Abundant Harvest mission, in all areas of responsibility and activity. Provide music leadership with the adult choir.
General Purpose of Position: Serve as both Choir Director and Church Organist or Pianist; assume primary responsibility for organizing/coordinating/managing/directing music programs and activities. Understand Abundant Harvest mission, policies, and practices and ability to apply to relevant situations.
1. Conduct and/or accompany choir for performances at regular and special worship service.
2. Conduct and/or accompany regular and special choral rehearsals in preparation for performances.
3. Coordinate special music presentation as part of the worship experience and provides other assistance as may be needed.
4. Provide leadership in the selection and ordering of choral music for regular worship and special occasions.
5. Provide musical accompaniment/support for hymns, and other congregational singing.
6. On request, provide advice and assistance in the selection of hymns, responses and other musical components of the worship services.
7. Select, prepare, and perform preludes, offertories, postludes and other music for regular Sunday and special worship services.
8. Perform related tasks as requested by the pastor.
9. Consult with the planning and performance of music and singing during special church programs
Responsibility: Employee works with considerable independence from the supervisory review. Mature judgment is required to determine the most effective method of implementing programs and carrying out duties.
• Proven musical talent, supplemented by three years of church music experience
• Ability to develop musical talent in others and encourage their participation in music programs and activities
• Communicate in a clear, concise manner, verbally and in writing
• Establish cooperative work relationships
• Maintain composure and handle difficult situations with tact
• Conceive, coordinate and execute programs, projects, and activities
• Evaluate existing programs and offer alternatives
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter