Charge Conference Information
North Central District
Sunday, November 13, 2016
Noblesville High School,
18111 Cumberland Road, Noblesville
Information for Charge Conference Reporting
Charge Conference Form Deadlines
The District Center is asking that the forms (charge conference and parsonage inspection form) be received no later than Monday, October 17 and signature pages be submitted no later than Monday, November 7. There are to be at least four lay persons present at the charge conference in addition to the pastor.
Vital Congregation Goals - http://www.umc.org/how-we-serve/vitalsign-dashboard
Your Vital Congregation Goals will need to be entered.
If your church has a parsonage, you will need to submit the Parsonage Inspection (Pastor/Church Agreement Parsonage Condition) form. Annual Parsonage Inspection is addressed in the Book of Discipline, ¶258.2.16. You may complete the inspection and air quality test at any time of the year. Your charge conference reports require the date of your annual parsonage inspection (every year) and air quality test (every other year). You may use the air quality test kits which may be purchased from Lowe’s. The parsonage inspection form is to be sent to the North Central District Center. We need a parsonage inspection form even if the parsonage is rented. Charge conference forms will not be approved, until the inspection form is received by the North Central District Center, if you have a parsonage.
2017 Clergy Compensation
- Minimum salary for full-time Elders and Deacons appointed for 2017 is $41,744.
- Minimum salary for full-time Associate and Probationary Members and Other Fellow appointed for 2017 is $40,353.
- Minimum salary for full-time Local Pastors appointed for 2017 is $38,266.
- Poor - No Increase
- Fair - .50-1.50%
- Good - 1.51-3.00%
- Excellent – 3.01-4.50%
The recommended cost of living increase for 2017 is 2.3%.
The General Board of Pensions has changed their name to Wespath Benefits and Investments. The Before/After Tax form or UMPIP form has been replaced with the “Contribution Election” form. The “Billing Change Form” is no longer needed. If you participate in UMPIP, please submit the “Contribution Election” form to Sherry Austin at the Conference Center.
Count those persons from January 1, 2016 to the date of your charge conference.
- The church and parsonage(s), if applicable, need to be listed under "Property Titles” and any other property the church may own.
- The custodian of the deeds and legal documents should be the name of a Trustee. The documents should be off premises in a fire-proof box, preferable in a bank safety deposit box. If this is not indicated on the form that the documents are off premises and in a fire proof safe, the forms will not be approved.
2017 Leadership Directory
- Family members should not serve in the following offices: treasurer, financial secretary, and finance committee chairperson.
- The treasurer, finance chairperson, and finance secretary should not be the same person.
- The Staff/Parish chairperson and treasurer should not be the same or of the same family.
- The Council chairperson, finance chairperson, financial secretary, and Staff/Parish chairperson should not be the same person or from the same household.