Charge Conference Information
North Central District
Charge Conference 2018
Information for Charge Conference Reporting
The North Central District will be having three charge conferences this year:
- Sunday, October 28, 6-7:30 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 1215 Jackson St., Anderson
- Sunday, November 4, 6-7:30 p.m., St. Luke's United Methodist Church, 700 E. Southway Blvd., Kokomo
- Sunday, November 11, 6-7:30 p.m., Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road, Zionsville
The church assignments are as follows:
Sunday October 28 at First UMC, Anderson - Alexandria Epworth, Anderson Bethel, Anderson Cross Roads, Anderson First, Anderson New Hope, Anderson New Horizons, Anderson St. Matthew, Aroma, Elwood First, Elwood Grace, Fairmount, Fifth St., Fowlerton, Frankton First, Grant, Hanfield, Lapel Ford St., Lapel Trinity, Marion Center Chapel, Matthews Epworth, Mechanicsburg, Oak Chapel, Pendleton Emmanuel, Pendleton First, Point Isabel, Summitville, Upland, Van Buren
Sunday, November 4 at St. Luke's UMC, Kokomo - Cassville, Christland, Converse, Forest, Frankfort Hopewell, Galveston, Gas City First, Goldsmith, Greentown First, Herbst, HIllisburg, Hillsdale, Kokomo Faith, Kokomo Grace, Kokomo Main St., Kokomo Shiloh, Kokomo St. Luke's, Kokomo Trinity, Kokomo Zion, Marion First, Marion Mt. Olive, Miami, Michigantown, Parr, Richland Chapel, Russiaville, Sharpsville, Sunnycrest, Swayzee, Sweetser, Tipton Kemp, West Middleton, Windfall
Sunday, November 11 at Zionsville UMC - Carmel St. Mark's, Carmel, Cicero, Colfax, Fishers, Fishers Bethlehem, Frankfort St. Matthew, Frankfort Trinity, Hortonville, Indianapolis Pleasant Grove, Jefferson, Kilmore, Lebanon Centenary, Lebanon Otterbein, Milledgeville, New Beginnings Fellowship Federated Church, Noblesville Emmanuel, Noblesville First, Noblesville Union, Sheridan, Terhune, The Promise, Trinity Arcadia, Westfield Christ, Whitestown, Zionsville, Zionsville Salem
If there is a conflict with the date of your assigned charge conference, you may choose to attend one of the other dates. Please contact Becky Rees as soon as possible.
Charge Conference Training Dates
There are trainings available for those that would like help with the charge conference forms. The training dates and locations are:
- Monday, August 20, 10 a.m., Fishers UMC, 9691 E. 116th St., Fishers (Door 4 - Dining Room)
- Wednesday, August 22, 10 a.m., St. Luke's UMC, 700 E. Southway Blvd., Kokomo
- Saturday, August 25, 10 a.m., Mt. Olive UMC, 2015 N. 300 W., Marion (Door 3, Room 4)
The training will last approximately one hour. Please contact me, Becky Rees, at the District Center, at least two days before so I may know how many will attend.
Number of Persons to be Present & Charge Conference Form Deadlines
There are to be four persons present at the charge conference in addition to the pastor.
- October 28 charge conference at First UMC, Anderson - charge conference and parsonage inspection forms due October 14, signature page due October 21.
- November 4 charge conference at St. Luke's UMC, Kokomo - charge conference and parsonage inspection forms due October 21, signature page due October 28.
- November 11 charge conference at Zionsville UMC - charge conference and parsonage inspection forms due October 28, signature page due November 4.
No paperwork will be handled at the charge conference.
Access to Charge Conference Forms
Pastors – Access Through the Charge Conference Form Website
Charge conference forms may be accessed directly by clicking here. Use your Conference email address. If you have someone other than yourself filling out the charge conference forms online (such as charge conference secretary, church secretary, etc.), the pastor needs to put them in as a new user and the person will need to access the forms by going here. Passwords are not saved from year to year in the charge conference form website so a new password will need to be created.
Pastors – Access Through the Conference Portal
You may also access the charge conference forms through the Conference portal which information was sent to you for the clergy assessment. If you have not set up your password for the portal, please do so by clicking here, enter your Conference email address, and forgot password. You will automatically receive a second email asking to verify your password within 72 hours. (This online portal and password will be used to access charge conference forms and the Clergy Assessment.) Your passwords through the portal are kept so you do not need to create a new password each year but make note of your password.
If your church has a parsonage, you will need to submit the Parsonage Inspection (Pastor/Church Agreement Parsonage Condition) form. Annual parsonage inspection is addressed in the 2016 Book of Discipline, par. 258.2.g.16. You may complete the inspection and air quality test at any time of the year. Your charge conference reports require the date of your annual parsonage inspection (every year) and the air quality test (every other year). You may use the air quality test kits which may be purchased from Lowe's.
2019 Clergy Compensation
- Minimum salary for full-time Elders and Deacons appointed for 2019 is $42,816.60.
- Minimum salary for full-time Associate, Provisional Members, and Other Fellow appointed for 2019 is $41,389.38.
- Minimum salary for full-time Local Pastors appointed for 2019 is $39,248.55.
- Poor - No Increase
- Fair - .50-1.50%
- Good - 1.51-3.00%
- Excellent - 3.01-4.50%
The recommended cost of living increase for 2019 is 2.3%
Health Insurance Rates for 2019
The health insurance rates for 2019 may be obtained by clicking here.
If you participate in UMPIP, please submit the “Contribution Election” form to Sherry Austin, firstname.lastname@example.org, at the Conference Center, 301 Pennsylvania Parkway, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46280.
Count those persons from January 1, 2018 to the date you submit your charge conference forms.
- The church and parsonage(s), if applicable, need to be listed under "Property Titles” and any other property the church may own.
- The name of the custodian of legal papers is required along with contact information as well as the location these papers are kept. (It is recommended that all legal documents be kept off premises either in a fireproof safe or bank safety deposit box.)
2019 Leadership Directory
- Staff Parish Relations Committee – No staff member or immediate family member of a pastor or staff member may serve on the committee. Only one person from an immediate family residing in the same household shall serve on the committee. (Book of Discipline 2016, Par. 258.2.a)
- The positions of Treasurer and Financial Secretary should not be combined and held by one person, and the persons holding these two positions should not be immediate family members.(Book of Discipline 2016, Par. 258.4)
- It is recommended that the leadership of each local church be diverse and representative of the whole congregation. Individuals should not hold multiple positions, especially of key leadership positions. Where this is challenging or impossible, please consult with the Conference Superintendent or the Assistant District Superintendent prior to completing the leadership list.
If you have questions, please contact Becky Rees, email@example.com, at the North Central District Center or call (765) 319-3704 or toll free at (877) 781-6710.
To print off or save to your computer this information, please click here.
For a copy of the charge conference training PowerPoint, please click here.