2019 HSA Limit Changes
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (“Act”), passed by Congress with a January 1, 2019 effective date, changed the calculation for 2018 health savings account (“HSA”) limits. The IRS has issued new guidance, which includes a reduction in allowable HSA contributions for families in the amount of $7000. (The limit for employees with self-only coverage is changed to $3,500.)
|HSA catch-up contributions (age 55 or older)||- $1,000|
Wespath has implemented an enhancement to the single sign on (SSO) from WebMD to Blue Cross Blue Shield today. It now uses a more modern technology, which should bolster security (not that it was lacking before). Because the SSO will point to a new “website” (that looks the same as the old one), participants will need to re-register and accept new terms and conditions. Information needed to register includes: Name, Birthdate, and Identification number (not including “GBH”) and the Group Number from their medical ID card.
For 2019, Indiana Conference continues to offer three health plan options.
- There is a rate difference between Wellness or Non-Wellness. Participants who took the BluePrint for Wellness or a physical through their own private healthcare provider by November 2, 2018 will pay the lower rate.
The benefit summaries will be updated soon to reflect the 2019 benefit year. Keep posted for the new updates.
During the Annual Open Period, If you are happy with your current benefit elections, you do not need to make any changes, it will default to what you currently have, however if you have an FSA, you will need to provide an election amount in order to continue the account for the new plan year. This is the only time you have to make changes to your elections outside the special enrollment periods where you experience a qualifying life event.
- All contributions to FSA, HRA or HSA will not automatically roll-over, you will need to make your elections for the amount of money you would like to contribute to a reimbursement account through your Healthflex WebMD during the election period. (compare accounts here)
- All current HealthFlex participants will receive their open enrollment brochure from Wespath Benefits and Investments during the month of October.
- HealthFlex offers you more plan choices—and provides supports to guide you through the decision-making process. Take advantage of these resources to select the HealthFlex options that best fit your needs. (resource)
- All participants should log onto their HealthFlex WebMd to view their health benefit elections.
Benefit Plan Options & Wellness Incentives
IU Health Letter (Discount for those insured as an Active Participant under the Conference Health Plan)