United Methodist Women
The UNITED METHODIST WOMEN shall be a community of women whose PURPOSE is to know GOD and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
United Methodist Women of Indiana is a statewide organization of women engaged in mission and advocacy and a part of the North Central Jurisdiction UMW. More information from the United Methodist Women National Office can be found at www.unitedmethodistwomen.org.
Mission u 2018 - Learning Together for the Transformation of the World
Mission u of Indiana registration is now open. Save 10% by registering before June15th. Join us as First Lady Racelder Grandberry-Trimble leads us through the spiritual growth study, Embracing Wholeness: An Earth Perspective for Convenantal Living. She is a professional counselor and graduate of Methodist Theological School in Ohio. Kathie Clemenz and Patsy Fleener has spent a great part of their lives in mission relationships with missionary conferences. Join them as they lead us through the geographic study, Missionary Conferences of the United Methodist Church in the United States. Click here for more information.
The 2017 report to the 2018 Indiana Annual Conference is now available. Our theme for 2017 was "A Call to Community." We are focused on being Women of Welcome and a Sisterhood of Grace with less emphasis on meetings and rules and more on building relationships and connection. With a membership of over 10,696 women focused on the same vision of turning faith, hope and love into action, we remain committed to strengthening connections at the local level, providing leadership training and helping women grow on their faith journeys. Click here to view the full report.
2018 Conference Goals
1. Promote engagement of younger women
a. Nurture college-aged women
b. Provide opportunities for flexible leadership and mentoring
c. Market events in ways that attract younger women
d. Extend personal invitations
e. Learn social media
f. Provide childcare at all events
g. Have an “elevator speech” about the why of UMW
2. Foster implementation of the Charter for Racial Justice
a. Stand up for Racial Justice
b. Extend outreach to ethnic and multicultural congregations
3. Improve connection and communication to and with local units
a. Each member of leadership team makes at least one quarterly contact with a local unit other than her own
It's time to prepare for Assembly 2018 - May 18-20, 2018!
If you need more information or help, please contact the Indiana Conference Assembly coordinator Rita Gaither-Gant at 317-549-3574(home) or 317-752-6464(mobile) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assembly Update: Click here for the opportunities for involvement at Assembly.
- May 17 -- United Methodist Women Ubuntu Day of Service in Columbus, Ohio
- May 18 -- Mission u scholarship forms due
- May 18-20 -- United Methodist Women Assembly 2018 in Columbus, Ohio ... The Power of Bold
- June 7-9 -- IN UMC Annual Conference -- Indiana Convention Center - Indianapolis, IN
- June 22-24 -- Limitless Mission Crawl-- Indianapolis, IN - Register Here
- July 17-20 -- Mission u -- DePauw University - Greencastle, IN - Register Here
- October 5-6 -- Annual Meeting -- Garden of Gethsemane - Muncie, IN
- October 26-28 -- Silent Retreat -- Sarto House - 4200 North Kentucky Avenue, Evansville, IN - Registration form
- November 2-3 --Leadership Team Meeting - Friday 7pm; District Leadership Development and Officer Training - Saturday 10am-3pm
- January 15 -- Mission Today forms due
March 23, 1869, eight women gathered at Tremont Methodist Episcopal Church in Boston, Massachusetts, and organized what would become United Methodist Women. Celebrate their dedication and foresight with a special gift to United Methodist Women and the Legacy Fund.
Gifts go to The Legacy Fund, a permanent endowment that will support the mission outreach of future generations of United Methodist Women as they address the needs of women, children and youth of their day.
Giving is easy!! Great Idea for Special Birthday gift! Mother's Day is coming up!!
We are hopeful that every member of United Methodist Women of Indiana will make a gift to the Legacy Fund of at least $18.69 per year over and above her Pledge to Mission for five years (2015-2019).
Online at www.unitedmethodistwomen.org/legacyfund
By Phone: at 800-278-7771 (8am-6pm EST)
Text: Legacy150 to 41444 on your mobile device
By Check: United Methodist Women, 475 Riverside Drive, 15th floor-Finance, New York, NY 10115
Be sure to add project number 3001147 to your gift.
One of the exciting elements of programming for United Methodist Women is the Reading Program - click here and select Reading Program on the left. Each year relevant books to support and inform our purpose are selected and made available through the UMW Mission Resource Center e-store. Find a listing of all of the books from 2013 to 2018 HERE.
be just. be green
Just practices for Earth and all her communities. For details about the program, click here.
Other forms and items of interest
- Download a list of current (2018) conference officers and their contact information HERE.
- Full calendar of 2018 UMW of Indiana Conference events HERE
- To arrange for a visit from a missionary contact the Indiana Conference, Secretary of Global Ministries, Rita Gaither-Gant
- UMW e-Store -- to purchase resources for programming, click here
- Indiana map with districts outlined
- Want to become more involved? Here is a way to let the committee on nominations know that you would like an opportunity to serve United Methodist Women.
- For information about the phenomenal 2014 Money for Mortar project click here. And to see Delaney's presentation about the 2014 UMVIM trip to the Congo that was presented at the UMW annual celebration click here. Further updates can be found by scrolling through the Indiana Mission u facebook page.
- Action Alerts on key congressional legislation and public policies are available from the National Office.
- Click HERE to find your state legislator.
- Brochure for the Youth and Young Adult Scholarship Fund providing funding for hands on mission and mission education experiences to youth people ages 13 to 25, for the 2018 form click HERE
- Click here for resources for information and advocacy.
- 2012 UMW Report to the Annual Conference -- Video
- Saving our history -- for information about what to save and send to the Indiana Archives of United Methodism - check these instructions.
- To download a PowerPoint presentation for Advocacy 101 click HERE.
- We are trying to encourage more ladies to work on being Five Star Woman and All Star Woman. Find the form HERE.
Indiana Conference, United Methodist Women Remittance form for Local and District treasurers (with instructions).
- Be sure to send your collections in a timely manner (monthly or at least quarterly) -- don't hoard it until the end of the year!!
- Indiana treasurers, please use THIS FORM as it includes our Conference special askings.
- And find the instructions HERE
- For other forms available from the National Office (Special Mission Recognition and Mission Giving Cards), click HERE.
Social Media - Facebook
- United Methodist Women for the UMW, National Office Facebook page
- United Methodist Women of Indiana - you must be signed into Facebook to access this page
- Indiana Mission u (formerly Indiana School of Christian Mission) - you must be signed into Facebook to access this page
- Twitter: UMWIndiana