United Methodist Women
The UNITED METHODIST WOMEN shall be a community of women whose PURPOSE is to know GOD and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
United Methodist Women of Indiana is a statewide organization of women engaged in mission and advocacy and a part of the North Central Jurisdiction UMW. More information from the United Methodist Women National Office can be found at www.unitedmethodistwomen.org.
2016 was a busy year for UMWs across the state.
Our conference theme for 2016 was "Growing in Blessedness." Our conference goal was to strengthen membership through education and communication. We celebrated 3 new units. It is the goal of the Conference Leadership Team to work with every church in order to have an active unit. Click the report cover on the left to read the full report to the annual conference.
The Leadership Team has set as goals this year to nurture local units, involve younger women in all programs and activities, provide support for district teams and improve our understanding and awareness of linking spiritual growth, mission education, mission education, leadership development, service and advocacy in our work. Click here for more...
- April 21-22 -- Spiritual Growth Retreat (Friday, 7;00 pm EST to Saturday 3:00pm) ** Rev. Mary Kathryn Pearce “The Listening Heart” Matthew 5:44-45 and Mark 12:29 ** Don Hall’s Guesthouse 1313 W. Washington Center Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46825 Registration form is HERE (register by March 17)
July 18-21 -- Mission u @ DePauw University
July 22 -- Sampler Day @ DePauw University
July 21 (6pm) - July 22 (4pm) -- Limitless @ DePauw University
Go to the Mission u and Limitless pages to register
- October 6-7 -- Conference Annual Gathering and the night before
- October 11 - Silent Retreat Registration Deadline - Registration form
- October 27-29 -- Silent Retreat @ Sarto House in Evansville (Registration and check-in is Friday 6:00pm - 7:45pm EST) **Lexa McCampbell & Barb Bugher, Facilitators - Registration form
- November 4 -- Leadership Development and Officer Training for District Officers at Christ UMC in Westfield
- January 15 -- Mission Today forms due
- May 18-20 -- United Methodist Women Assembly 2018 in Columbus, Ohio ... The Power of Bold
Click here for more info. For information about the phenomenal 2014 Money for Mortar project click here. And to see Delaney's presentation about the 2014 UMVIM trip to the Congo that was presented at the UMW annual celebration click here. Further updates can be found by scrolling through the Indiana Mission u facebook page.
March 23, 1869, eight women gathered at Tremont Methodist Episcopal Church in Boston, Massachusetts,
and organized what would become United Methodist Women. Celebrate their dedication and foresight with
a special gift to United Methodist Women and the Legacy Fund.
Gifts go to The Legacy Fund, a permanent endowment that will support the mission outreach of future generations of United Methodist Women as they address the needs of women, children and youth of their day.
Giving is easy!! Great Idea for Special Birthday gift! Mother's Day is coming up!!
During Mission u you will have an opportunity to complete a commitment card or make a contribution to the Legacy Fund. We are hopeful that every member of United Methodist Women of Indiana will make a gift to the Legacy Fund of at least $18.69 per year over and above her Pledge to Mission for five years (2015-2019).
Online at www.unitedmethodistwomen.org/legacyfund
By Phone: at 800-278-7771 (8am-6pm EST)
Text: Legacy150 to 41444 on your mobile device
By Check: United Methodist Women, 475 Riverside Drive, 15th floor-Finance, New York, NY 10115
Be sure to add project number 3001147 to your gift.
One of the exciting elements of programming for United Methodist Women is the Reading Program - click here and select Reading Program on the left. Each year relevant books to support and inform our purpose are selected and made available through the UMW Mission Resource Center e-store. Find a listing of all of the books from 2011 to 2016 HERE.
be just. be green
Just practices for Earth and all her communities. For details about the program, click here.
Other forms and items of interest
- To arrange for a visit from a missionary contact the Indiana Conference, Secretary of Global Ministries, Rita Gaither-Gant.
- UMW of Indiana Conference newsletter is called the Mission Messenger and the latest edition is HERE
- 2015 Report to the Annual Conference of Indiana United Methodist Church
- UMW e-Store -- to purchase resources for programming, click here
- 2014 Report to Annual Conference
- In 2013 UMW of Indiana had 10,810 members -- including two online units!
- Download a list of current (2016) conference officers and their contact information HERE.
- Full calendar of 2017 UMW of Indiana Conference events HERE
- Indiana map with districts outlined
- The MISSION TODAY reporting form can be found HERE for 2017. This is due January 18, 2018.
- NEEDED IMMEDIATELY: Forms for reporting: 2018 Local Officers Form (to be filled out by local UMW organizations and sent to their district secretary) - information will be used to create or update our UMW of Indiana Directory. Completed form is due November 1, 2017.
- We are trying to encourage more ladies to work on being Five Star Woman and All Star Woman. Find the form HERE.
- Want to become more involved? Here is a way to let the committee on nominations know that you would like an opportunity to serve United Methodist Women.
- Action Alerts on key congressional legislation and public policies are available from the National Office.
- Click HERE to find your state legislator.
- Brochure for the Youth and Young Adult Scholarship Fund providing funding for hands on mission and mission education experiences to youth people ages 13 to 25, for the 2017 form click HERE
- Click here for resources for information and advocacy.
- 2012 UMW Report to the Annual Conference -- Video
- Saving our history -- for information about what to save and send to the Indiana Archives of United Methodism - check these instructions.
- To download a PowerPoint presentation for Advocacy 101 click HERE.
Indiana Conference, United Methodist Women Remittance form for Local and District treasurers (with instructions).
- Be sure to send your collections in a timely manner (monthly or at least quarterly) -- don't hoard it until the end of the year!!
- Indiana treasurers, please use THIS FORM as it includes our Conference special askings.
- And find the instructions HERE
- For other forms available from the National Office (Special Mission Recognition and Mission Giving Cards), click HERE.
Social Media - Facebook
- United Methodist Women for the UMW, National Office Facebook page
- United Methodist Women of Indiana - you must be signed into Facebook to access this page
- Indiana Mission u (formerly Indiana School of Christian Mission) - you must be signed into Facebook to access this page
- Twitter: UMWIndiana